Friday, January 9, 2015

{34th Birthday Half Marathon}

At the beginning of the year I decided that for my 34th Birthday I wanted to run a Half Marathon. I could think of nothing I wanted more for my birthday than a long run with my husband and running friends. My 34th birthday is February 21. Let me tell you how I searched the internet within a 60 mile radius of my house and there are no Half Marathon races on that day. Huge sad face! BUT MIT is doing a Winter Full Marathon Training group and they ARE running 14 Miles that day. Ding! Light bulb went off. I can just train with MIT again and follow the full schedule until my birthday. That seemed like a Win/Win to me.

I came up with a modified schedule for the next two months. Due to Ohio weather I know running more than 3 days a week is not going to happen, so I'm adding more Cross Training days into my week. I will be using PiYo and 21 Day Fix workouts for my Cross Training days. I thought some of you might want to see what my schedule looks like so I have linked my schedule below in case you want to follow along.





What do you think? Want to run a Half Marathon on February 21st with me?

No comments: