Monday, September 22, 2014

{Week 15 Marathon Training}

|September 14- September 20|

Gosh we are so close! I cannot even believe that we are this close. I'm getting really excited for the miles to start lowering and more sleep to start entering my life.

 
 
 
Week 15 of Marathon Training called for 32 miles and I ran 20.8 miles.

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 5.80 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 12 miles

My running buddy that is my neighbor moved this week. I'm so sad to see her go. We are planning on still running a few days a week through the marathon and will hopefully continue one day a week at least after.

My feet are starting to show signs of marathon training. Turn away if your are squeamish. I have a black and blue toenail, blisters, calluses and more blisters. My shoes are sized up 1 whole size but that doesn't seem to be enough for me.

 
 
Long Run Saturday (12 miles): This Saturday we started at Thomas Worthington High School and did 12 miles. The whole group was tired, quiet and crabby. It's about that time in training where that hits us all. I remember Christopher going through it last year. One more week of heavy miles and we start to taper. Luckily, I was able to focus on my wonderful Organic Fuel waiting in my car for me for the last few miles. My most favorite recovery drink ever!        

 

No comments: